Press release from MICHauto:
MICHauto today named the Chair of its Board of Directors, which was formed earlier this year. Lisa Lunsford, co-founder and CEO of Global Strategic Supply Solutions (GS3), was officially instated as Chair of the Board during the Sept. 29 meeting. To enhance MICHauto’s work and role as the state’s only automotive and mobility cluster association, the Board will ensure MICHauto is effective. It will serve as a strategic advisor to the organization in developing, administrating, and evaluating sound operations and policies within the financial guidelines.
“Lisa is a veteran of the automotive industry and an entrepreneur. She has advised MICHauto and the Detroit Regional Chamber for several years,” said Glenn Stevens Jr., executive director of MICHauto and vice president of Automotive and Mobility Initiatives for the Detroit Regional Chamber. “As the Chair of MICHauto’s Board, her leadership will be a key voice to promote, retain, and grow the automotive and mobility industry in Michigan.”
Under Lunsford’s leadership, GS3 Global was ranked among the top 50 largest woman-owned businesses in Michigan by Crain’s Detroit Business in 2017. Lunsford brings over 30 years of experience in the mobility space, and has been serving on the Detroit Regional Chamber Board of Directors since 2018. As Board Chair, Lunsford will give guidance to the MICHauto Team on critical industry issues and recommend actions to be discussed with the broader Board.
Between now and the end of the calendar year, MICHauto will be working with the Board to refine its strategy within four pillars of engagement: Executive Convening, Advocacy, Next-Generation Mobility, and Talent Attraction and Industry Awareness. This work is more important than ever as the industry moves through the recovery phase of the COVID-19 pandemic and into the foreseeable future.
The full Board of Directors includes:
- Lisa Lunsford, Chair, MICHauto Board of Directors; Co-founder and CEO, GS3
- Rose Bellanca, President and CEO, Washtenaw Community College
- Mike Bernas, Vice President, Toyota Motor North America
- Mary Buchzeiger, President and CEO, Lucerne International
- Mark Burton, CEO, Michigan Economic Development Corp.
- Brian Decker, Partner, Automotive Advisory Leader, PwC
- Jerome Dorlack, Vice President of the Americas, Adient US LLC
- Carl Esposito, Senior Vice President and President, E-Systems, Lear Corp.
- Russell Goemaere, President, Grupo North America, Grupo Antolin
- Richard Haas, President and CEO, Mahindra Automotive North America
- Dennis Hoeg, Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, North America Division, Nexteer Automotive
- Jonathon Husby, President and CEO, North America, SEG Automotive
- Maureen Krauss, President and CEO, Detroit Regional Partnership
- Tom Manganello, Partner, Co-Chair Automotive Industry Group, Warner Norcross + Judd LLP
- Bob McMahan, President, Kettering University
- Tim Mroz, Senior Vice President, Strategic Initiatives, The Right Place, Inc.
- Raj Nair, President and Chief Operating Officer, Multimatic
- Michael Pricer, Managing Director, National Industrial Manufacturing Commercial Lead, KPMG LLP
- Vicky Rad, Director, Planning and Economic Development, Macomb County
- Jay Sandhu, CEO, NYX Inc.
- Sean Silver, Senior Vice President, Michigan Market Executive, Global Commercial Banking, Bank of America
- Bruce Smith, Chairman and CEO, Detroit Manufacturing Systems LLC
The MICHauto Board of Directors will meet quarterly, and the next meeting scheduled for Dec. 15. Special meetings may be added in response to economic or environmental needs.